Project Apis m. (PAm) Enhancing the Health of Honey Bees
PAm is requesting YOUR help in funding these research projects TODAY to help the honey bee NOW. We especially want to fund recent proposals we have received. Bee research GUIDED by beekeepers. PRACTICAL solutions!
Dr. Reed Johnson - Dimilin Research
Maryann Frazier - Pesticide Cost Share Program
Dr. Brian Johnson - IVDS (Integrated Virus Detection System)
Dr. Johnathan Engelsma - Hive Scale Network
Dr. David Tarpy - Nexcelom Vision System to process BIP (Bee Informed) samples
Click on the 'Donate Button' to help make these projects possible. Or mail your donation to PAm, P.O. Box 3157, Chico, CA 95927. Circulate this message so that PAm can obtain the needed funding for these necessary projects. Project Apis m. is a 501 (c)(5) non-profit organization.
PAm has accomplished great strides in the six and one-half years of its existence. Highlights of PAm's work include:
* Sponsored 40 different projects infusing $2.4 Million into bee research
* Bid successfully for and received over $1 Million in grant funding
* Introduced technology from other fields into the bee world
* Accomplished considerable 'firsts' for the bee industry, including:
* Awarded the 1st Specialty Crop Block Grant to a bee organization
* Developed the 1st comprehensive Best Management Practices (BMP's) for commercial beekeepers
* Conducted 1st-ever, in-depth look at pathogens in migratory beekeeping operations
* Partnered in 1st-ever, coordinated effort to improve CA border crossings by bee trucks
* Provided funding for the 1st-ever, cost-share program for full pesticide analyses of hive matrices
* Developed 1st-ever comprehensive effort to improve honey bee forage resources
RIGHT NOW PAM IS:
* Managing 4 different grants
* Producing 2 enews letters for beekeepers and growers
* Regularly producing YouTube videos and e-learning modules for beekeepers
* Hosting honey bee research conferences
* Building a germplasm respository to improve honey bee stock
* Initiating another Tech Transfer Team to help beekeepers in their apiaries
* Sponsoring a PhD fellowship for a future honey bee scientist
Testimonials about Project Apis m....
"PAm presentations are very informative." Brian Liggett, Beekeeper
"Thanks to PAm for all you do on behalf of the bee industry." Bryan Ashurst, Past President, CSBA
"You organize and conduct honey bee programs so well." Dr. Eric Mussen, UCD
"I truly love getting the PAm email. It's always filled with great information on the bees!" Patrick Cavanaugh, Editor, Pacific Nut Producer
"Good things are being accomplished with the Specialty Crop Grant Funds." Kathy Alameda, Federal Funds Manager, California Department of Food and Ag
"You do a masterful job." Dr. Barbara Glenn, Vice President of Science and Regulatory Affairs, Crop Life America
PAm – Costco Ph.D Fellowship for Honey Bee HealthRead more...
2012 - 2013 Honey Bee Winter Loss SurveyRead more...
MAY 2nd - USDA-Releases Report on Honey Bee HealthRead more...
PAm Forage Field Day Featured in AgAlertRead more...
Bee Status Report Update - April 15th!Read more...
PAm Funds Hive Inspection Training CourseRead more...
The Cummings Report POSTED for March 2013.Read more...
A Picture Tells a StoryRead more...
2013 Bee Supply Article LinksRead more...
Corn Dust Research Consortium RFPRead more...
Honey Bee Conference: More Research NeededRead more...
1,2,3: Almond Pollination Math by Joe TraynorRead more...
Dimilin - Almond Board of CARead more...
Bee Careful with Pesticides - Dr. Eric MussenRead more...
Seeds to Feed BeesRead more...
NEW Video Posted on YouTube: Transporting Honeybee Colonies to CA for Almond PollinationRead more...
Almond and Bee Status UPDATED - Click on the Almond & Honeybee!Read more...
Sign up for the PAm enewsletterRead more...
Now You Can Donate to PAm Online!Read more...
Project Apis m is on YouTube!Read more...