|Business Management BMP|
Best Management Practices for Business Management
Beekeeping is an evolving profession.
Be professional in your beekeeper/grower interactions.
- Use a Contract (See a Sample Pollination Contract at http://www.ProjectApism.org under 'Downloads').
- Determine pollination fees that are realistic relative to your operation costs.
- Use well-maintained equipment.
- Be dependable with the timing of hive drops and pick-ups.
- Be visible to your growers.
- Develop contingency plans for the unexpected.
- Streamline your business to manage resources wisely.
- Keep good records to improve practices.
- Succesful beekeeping is a rapidly changing art and science.
- Join local, state, regional and national organizations.
- Attend conferences.
- Access the internet, watch for reliable sources of information.
- Subscribe to bee journals.
- Regularly check the CAP project website for new information at http://www.beeccdcap.uga.edu/index.html.
- Beekeeping needs ideas and leadership to build a prosperous future.
- Mentor young beekeepers.
- Support and contribute to bee research to ensure a sustainable pollination industry.